Everyone who works with children and young people has a responsibility for safeguarding and acting to ensure that they receive the right support at the right time.
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance at Academy 360 and we take our role in safeguarding seriously. Our staff will do everything they can to protect students and children from harm.
Our staff are fully trained to recognise when a student needs support, and are aware of signs and indicators of abuse. We acknowledge that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and adopt a ‘culture of vigilance’ at our Academy. We always provide appropriate support, advice and guidance to families, parents and carers, ensuring that we act in the best interests of our students at all times.
It is extremely important that our students feel they have a voice and that they can express their viewpoints. We work closely with our students to develop trusting and professional relationships, ensuring that they can discuss their thoughts and feelings, and that appropriate support is identified and provided.
We also ensure that we follow safe working practices. This includes implementing practices such as safer recruitment, vetting, and many more safe working practices. This enables us to provide a secure learning environment for our students and staff.
Academy 360 will safeguard children and young people by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the Academy, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children and young people feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.